Monday, April 6, 2009

Relax and enjoy the process




Have you ever felt like you really 'must' do something or you 'need' to get a certain outcome?

You are not alone. I don't know about you, I recently found I was putting more and more pressure and deadlines on myself. Think of the tasks that you do on a weekly basis, work tasks, home commitments, social engagements, sporting commitments, child care responsibilities as well as trying to find time to look after yourself.

I soon realised that with all this running around and trying to get to my goal, I was no longer enjoying the process of actually working towards my goal. I was stressing myself out!

You are more likely to reach your goals if you enjoy what you do. This doesn't just apply to your work, it applies to all areas of life. For example, if you enjoy a certain sport, such as hockey, making time to play that sport will go higher up your list of priorities. You are more likely to play and receive the health, well being and cathartic benefits associated with playing the game.

If you enjoy your work, you will be increasingly motivated and focused whilst in the office and therefore achieve more, or reach your goals sooner.

If you are putting undue stress on yourself you are less likely to enjoy the process of completing the actual tasks that will help you reach your goal and this can lead to procrastination, panic, indifference as well as other states.

"Relax" I told myself "Enjoy the process and the results will surely follow" and they did. Within a week of relaxing and enjoying what I was doing, I realised that I had already moved closer to my goal, had met some amazing people to help me along the way and most importantly, had FUN!

Do you need to relax a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment